Monday, July 23, 2012

Slow Burner


I’m a sucker for those songs that have a slow build up then suddenly get really intense. Here are my 5 picks for the week.

Something Old
“Young London”- Angels and Airwaves
Remember when Angels and Airwaves was huge? I have to admit, I never really liked them all that much because I hated the fact that lead singer had left Blink 182 to join AA. But now that Blink is back together (not ashamed to admit that I love them) I can cherish the music Angels and Airwaves left us.


Something New
“A Leaving Song”- Broken Records
I’m not really sure how old this song is but I just heard it for the first time a couple weeks ago. Since then, it has collected an embarrassing high number of plays on my itunes. Enjoy.


Something Borrowed
“Torch Song”- Shady Bard
Just like I’m not ashamed to admit I love Blink 182, I’m also not ashamed to admit that I love The Vampire Diaries. Ok. Yes, I am a little ashamed to admit that. Whatever. All of you who are judging me for my poor taste suck (haha see what I did there?) This is a song that I downloaded after hearing it during one of the episodes.


Something Blue
“Caves”- Jack’s Mannequin
You know any song that starts out with single scales being playing on a piano is going to end pretty epically. I know this song is 7 minutes long but trust me, it’s worth it.


Something Random
“Transatlanticism”- Death Cab for Cutie
Remember a couple weeks ago when I mentioned I saw Death Cab live and they were awesome? Well they ended with this song. And it blew.my.fucking.mind. This is like the definition of a song that builds up. I’ve included the album version and the best live recording of this I could find. Just so you could be jealous that you missed out.

No comments:

Post a Comment