Monday, July 16, 2012

I'm a Little Bit Country...


I’ve recently rediscovered my love of country music.

Not really through my own choice but because the radio down at the pool has decided to stop picking up any stations except the two country ones. That’s left me with a lot of twang, heart breaks and pick-up trucks to I thought I’d share some of my favorites.

Something Old
“Crazy”- Patsy Cline
There’s a reason people are still talking about her. The song is great and the whole tragic-death thing adds to the mystique.


Something New
“Springsteen”- Eric Church
This song has all the essentials of a country song: looking back to when you were young, shout outs to famous musicians, summer, stars at night, lover, and some sort of fire (in this case a lighter). It’s all right there.


Something Borrowed
“Hurt”- Johnny Cash
At the risk of being disowned by the country community… I’m not a big Johnny Cash fan. I can’t explain it but he just doesn’t do it for me. However, this song is one of the best covers ever (it was originally done by Nine Inch Nails) and if you can make it through the video with out getting a little misty eyed, more power to you.



Something Blue
“Still Holding Out For You”- SHeDAISY
When I was younger I was absolutely obsessed with SHeDAISY. I have no idea what they’re doing now but I’m going to single handedly bring back their career with this song recommendation. When I was younger, I didn’t really listen to the lyrics to I had no idea how depressing this song actually is but jeez… what a sad story.


Something Random
“How Do You Like Me Now?”- Toby Keith
Toby Keith and I are about as opposite as it is possible to be. I don’t really like anything about him… except this song.


So park your truck out front, take your boots off, open a beer, sit next to your dog, hold your woman real close, and enjoy some country music.

No comments:

Post a Comment