Monday, July 9, 2012

Catchy Like A Rash


You know that annoying song that is stuck in your head all the time and no matter what you do, you can’t get it out? That is… until you’ve heard another equally annoying song. Here are my picks guaranteed to drive you crazy. But don’t lie, you’re secretly enjoying yourself.

Something Old
“Eye of the Tiger”- Survivor
I know you’re thinking, “great. Now I’m going to have this terrible song stuck in my head for the rest of the day” and you’re right! You will. But when you find yourself 10 times more productive today than another day, you can thank me and this ridiculously catchy song.


Something New
“Call Me Maybe”- Carly Rae Jepsen
Oh dear Lord. Not this song again. This song is everywhere this summer. One day I counted at the pool and I heard it 4 times in 4 hours. That’s a lot of “call me maybes.” And as much as I want to hate it… I just can’t. It’s too damn catchy. I have a theory that if you polled 50 people, at least 4 of them would have that song stuck in their head at any given time. Here’s your chance to be 1 of 4.


Something Borrowed
“Twist and Shout”- The Beatles
Remember that great scene in “Ferris Bueller’s Day Off” (insert obligatory “Buhler, Buhler, Katie Buhler” here) with the epic parade? Well Ferris did The Beatles proud… who did the Isley Brothers proud first. And now, I dare you not to walk around the rest of the day singing “shake it up baby now (shake it up baby now)” while pretending you’re in your own parade.


Something Blue
“Graduation”- Vitamin C
Remember how I graduated a month and a half ago? And remember how I’m kind of an asshole? Well combine the two and you’ve got the torture I inflicted on my roommates by singing this song to them in the week leading up to graduation. Sad as hell yet still one of the catchiest songs ever.


Something Random
“Tubthumping”- Chumbawamba
I have no idea what this song is about. No idea what the lyrics mean. No idea what “tubthumping” is or what is has to do with the song. BUT… don’t act like you don’t belt out “I get knocked down…” every single time you hear it on the radio.


And now you’ll be “pissing the night away” singing these songs in your head over and over and over. You’re welcome mwuahahahahahaha (evil laugh)

No comments:

Post a Comment