Monday, June 25, 2012

Music for the Beach


I live in the middle of a cornfield. Not exactly but I do live a hell of a lot closer to a cornfield than I do to a real beach. That doesn’t keep me from loving beachy music, however.

And considering I’ve been jonesing for some serious beach time (maybe I shouldn’t have watched Blue Crush the other day) here are my five picks for a day at a beach (preferably while the sun is setting and I’m in a rag-top Jeep; hey, a girl can dream)

Something Old
“Swim”- Surfer Blood
This was my song of the summer last summer. In fact, I’m pretty sure Rae hates it from hearing it soooo many times in my car. That shouldn’t stop you from playing the hell out of it though.


Something New
“The Only Place”- Best Coast
If you don’t have at least one song by Best Coast on your summer playlist, there is something wrong with you. This is Best Coast’s first single of their new album (also called “The Only Place”) and yes, I am aware she’s singing about California. I don’t care. Listen and Love.


Something Borrowed
“Young Adult Friction”- The Pains of Being Pure at Heart
If I had to describe the sound of every single Pains of Being Pure at Heart song in one word, it would be “summer” so enjoy this one, courtesy of Lexi Gusso.


Something Blue
“Boys and Girls”- Alabama Shakes
This song is like brand new blues and I am loving it! Not to mention the fact that the lead singer sounds eerily like Janis Joplin…


Something Random
“Punching in a Dream”- The Naked and Famous
I, much like you guys, am getting ridiculously sick of The Naked and Famous’ “Young Blood” being used in every single commercial ever thereby ruining what was once a great song. Luckily for us though, this song is untainted by our consumer society. 


No comments:

Post a Comment