Monday, June 18, 2012

The Shins


Funny story, earlier this year I won tickets to see the Shins perform a private show at a club in NYC. Unfortunately for me, they changed the rules at the last second so that only people 21 and older could go in. Yes, yes. I am 21. But, the person I was going with was not. Long story short, I didn’t get to see the Shins. Instead, I saw The Lorax which was a pretty f-ing good movie.

Anyway, here are my five picks for this week.

Something Old
“New Slang”
Why not start it out with the song that started it all? This song was released in 2001 on “Oh, Inverted World” and is still one of my favorites.


Something New
“It’s Only Life”
Luckily for us, the Shins released a new album this year chalk full of great new songs. This is my favorite off the new album.


Something Borrowed
“We Will Become Silhouettes”
This song was originally a Postal Service song written by Benjamin Gibbard (one of the guys from Death Cab). Although it’s great as a Postal Service song, I actually prefer the Shins take on it.


Something Blue
“Sleeping Lessons”
Uh… Great song. End of story.


Something Random
“Australia”
As much as I genuinely love this song, one of the major reasons I picked it for this slot is because I really like the video.


Also, it doesn’t hurt to check out this video for “Simple Song” which ranks right up there with awesome videos.

1 comment:

  1. I love the shins! But hadnt heard all of these yet, so thanks!

    ReplyDelete