Monday, June 4, 2012

Summer Songs


It’s officially June!!! That means it’s officially Summer!

Jk. I know that’s not actually how summer works but whatever. In my mind: I’m done with school and it’s fairly nice out. That equals summer.

Something Old
Bryan Adams- “Summer of ‘69”
This one’s kind of a no brainer. Seriously, who doesn’t love this song? If you are shaking your head right now saying “I don’t” then you’re lying.


Something New
Animal Collective- “Summertime Clothes”
Again, I know this isn’t a new song but I haven’t heard a good new song that has “summer” in the title in a long time. So this gets the title of “new” sort of by default. Still a great song though.


Something Borrowed
Janis Joplin- “Summertime”
This is one of those classic jazz songs that everybody and their dog has a version of. I’ve got three different jazz versions from three different people on my iTunes alone. That being said, Janis’s version is still the best I’ve ever heard.I know Janis is something of an acquired taste but… her rendition of this song is pretty epic.


Something Blue
Dashboard Confessional- “Dusk and Summer”
There is something about this guy’s voice that just wants to make you curl up in a ball and either cry or die. Doesn’t help that he sings “you’ve already lost” about 15 times in a row.


Something Random
Bruce Springsteen- “Girls In Their Summer Clothes”
He’s the Boss. No explanation necessary. (Other than the fact that I figured my former roommates would kill me if I passed up the opportunity to include a Bruce song)

No comments:

Post a Comment