Monday, August 13, 2012

Pat Benatar


As promised, here is the follow up to last week’s Dylan picks. And this time, it’s all about PB. PBen. Pat. It doesn’t matter what you call her because Pat Benatar is awesome.

*Little known fact: The Buggles “Video Killed the Radio Star” was the first video ever broadcast on MTV. The second video was “You Better Run” by Pat Benatar. Since the Buggles don’t have a guitarist, the honor of first guitarist on MTV falls to Neil Giraldo, Pat’s guitarist and husband.


I know 80’s music isn’t everyone’s idea of a good time but Pat Benatar is amazing and sounds just as good now as she did back then. Since she hasn’t really put out anything recently, I’m just going to throw up my fav 5.

1. “We Belong”
This isn’t just my favorite Pat Benatar song, it is one of my top 7 all time favorite songs (and yes, I know 7 is a weird number). This song is great and if you don’t like it we really can’t be friends anymore—and I’m not even kidding.


2. “Shadows of the Night”
I will give anyone 10 dollars if they can honestly say they don’t sing along to the “We’re running with the shadows of the night…” part at the beginning. It can’t be done.


3. “Hit Me With Your Best Shot”
I know it’s a bit over played but when you’ve got a good song, you’ve got a good song.


4. “Invincible”
The ultimate girl power song of the 80’s. So good it makes you want to go bust criminals or something Spiderman-style.


5. “Love is a Battlefield”
You can’t have a list of Pat Benatar songs and not have this on it. Even though it’s not my favorite, the video is a classic. And if those dance moves look familiar to you, they should. The video was choreographed by the same guy who did “Thriller.”

No comments:

Post a Comment