Monday, May 14, 2012

Here's How This Works


I’m very excited for the first ever KB Thinks Music!

Every Monday, I’m going to post a selection of 5 songs that are helping me get through my week in the hopes that they help you get through yours.

I’m sure we’ve all heard the wedding tradition of “Something old, something new, something borrowed, something blue” and I figured what better way to pick music for this blog than under these criteria. (With an added category of “Something Random” to make it an even 5 songs)

I assume you guys will all cut me some slack if, for instance, my “something new” isn’t actually a brand new track. All these songs are just in relation to me. And if you don’t like it, go make your own blog, asshole. Also, the “Something Borrowed” category can mean one of two things. Either it is a kick ass cover of a song or it is a song I was introduced to by someone else. Either way, we’re calling it “borrowed.”

Last week, I was slightly obsessed with gay rights. In case you couldn’t tell.

Anyway, my roommate and I decided it would be a good idea to start off “KB Thinks Music” with some of our favorite songs from gay artists.

Something Old
Elton John- “Tiny Dancer”
I dare you to find a better song than this. Can’t be done.


Something New
An Horse- “Horizons”
My favorite (and your new favorite) Australian duo made up of lesbian Kate Cooper and the delightfully awkward Damon Cox. They released their new album in 2011 but this song is from their 2009’s “Rearrange Beds”


Something Borrowed
Tegan and Sara- “Turnpike Ghost”
You and I both know how much I love Tegan and Sara. They have a bunch of good songs but honestly one of my favorites is their cover of this Steel Train song.


Something Blue
First Aid Kit- “Ghost Town”
First Aid Kit is a Swedish folk band that also enjoys head banging. Seriously. I saw them live and they were going crazy. Anyway, one of the sisters is a lesbian which is a great excuse for me to introduce them to you guys (if you don't know them already)


Something Random
The Village People “Macho Man”
How do you have a music list by gay artists without putting the Village People on it? Enjoy! Also, sorry for the fact that this video is ABSOLUTELY RIDICULOUS


And remember, love is love.

No comments:

Post a Comment